- Plug in yer iPhone.
- Open iTunes. (If it wants to sync, at this point, let it go ahead and finish.)
- Click your iPhone in the left-hand part of iTunes, under Devices.
- In the right-hand side, under Options, deselect "Open iTunes when this iPhone is connected."
- Click the button in the lower-right to Apply, and then click Sync.
- Now, again, under Options, click to re-select "Open iTunes when this iPhone is connected."
- Again, click the Apply button.
- At this point, you will hopefully get a dialog telling you that iTunes Helper will be installed.
- Click OK to install it on your Mac.
- Unplug your iPhone.
- Close iTunes.
- Plug your iPhone in and see if iTunes opens automagically.
If that wasn't the problem, I'm afraid you're on your own. This worked for me .. so I won't have to write a more complicated how-to until it breaks worse. Hopefully my iPhone doesn't consider that a challenge.
Post a Comment